Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Recovering from War, and other things.



So I did survive the War, and had amazing amounts of fun. Drank way too much, showed way too much cleavage, and basically spent the better part of the time laughing like a lunatic. I don't look too happy in this pic, but it's the best closeup shot I could find of the detail on the dress. One word: Amazing. Wearing the dress was like being transported back in time. (The possible exception to that, of course, being the UnderArmor I wore underneath, along with my black Timberland boots.) Though I look very padded in the midsection in the pic, I really didn't look pregnant in real life.

There was much drunk dialing and much drunk texting, more from the Spousal Unit than anyone else. Den Mother and I bought Sewing Goddess a thank-you gift for the amazing work she did to make us look good and we even made her cry! That's good work, right there. Plus, Sewing Goddess is the only chickie I know for whom a short sword in a red leather scabard is a gift that's worthy of tears. Sweet!

This is Sewing Goddess (in red) with her two creations (mine and blue), and Pirate Chickie (far left) with her gold-and-amber creation. People kept complimenting me, and my standard response was, "Hey, all I did was supply the body to put into the thing."

Now we have to decide if we're going to submit to the peer pressure and go to San Diego Comic Con. We were planning to use that money to give MaulRat a proper bachelor party, but I guess only time will tell . . .

No comments: