Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Getting ready for the MS Walk.


I'm very excited, because the looming MS Walk has me convinced that I really need to move on getting my Mara Jade catsuit upgraded. The one that I have is vinyl, which is fine, but I really only originally intended to wear it for that one day at CIII. Turns out, it's gotten a lot more use than that, and it's wearing out. It also isn't optimally tailored for my body shape. Yes, it's stretchy, but because my bust, uhh, goes out to the point that it does, it makes for kind of a straight line from there to the crotch (when viewing me from the side). Not flattering. And that's even after I put in elastic under the arms to make it stretch more! When I put the belt on, it pulls in at a weird angle and makes me look thicker through the midsection than I am, and no woman wants that.

Anyway, I hooked up with The Magic Wardrobe and Liz over there is making me a fabulous pleather catsuit. Of course, had I known that Sewing Goddess was so talented, I might have hit her up to do it, but as it is, Liz has done the deal before and has a pattern and all that. It's going to be tailored to my exact specs, so I can't wait to see how much better it's going to look.

Now I'll just have to decide if I really want to sweat all over my new catsuit when we walk the 6+ miles. It's definitely going to be a day when I'll be glad I'm not in armor.

No comments: