Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Too good.

I absolutely love the fact that I posted about the ability to comment, and within hours, both people whom I'd mentioned had comments. That's just awesome.

I've been spending a lot of time in the last couple of days pondering friendship, and how if you look at different sets of friends that you have throughout your life, it can tell you about who you were at that point. I'm back in touch with a very dear friend of mine whom I've missed greatly over the last several years, and it's been kind of fun to remember the things we did and the trouble we stirred up. She was, and undoubtedly still is, beautiful and intelligent and witty and bold and fearless, and I was always a little in awe of her. On a broader scale, I've realized that I've had a number of girlfriends like that over the years . . . Julie Lane, Bitch One, The Dark One, Naugh-T (as her license plate on her old Trans Am read), Bitch Two . . . There's obviously something in that personality type that draws me, and helps me feel more fearless and bold and surer of myself. I wanted to be that, so hanging out with it helped me . . . I don't know.


On a less-complex note, we did a fundraiser down in Coolidge the other day. It was pretty cool hanging out with the Pinal County Sheriffs. Persons familiar with the group can probably tell by my height that I'm on the left . . . heh. I'm starting to enjoy being places in armor and taking the helmet off, and seeing that moment of surprise when the people around me see my face. There was a troop of prepubescents sitting there, and I rolled up to them with the helmet on and offered to let one of them try out my gun. They were stoked just at that.

Then I took my helmet off. One of them said, "Whoa, you're a chick."

Then I asked them if they played Battlefront, which led to a lengthy discussion of the best type of troop for the different planets, and what different medals you can win . . .

By the end of it, I could see that I was (for that moment) the embodiment of their perfect woman. Heh. Granted, it's not hard to charm a bunch of 13 and 14 year olds, but it was amusing nonetheless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...Not that it's hard for you...being a charmer...;)

I'm sure that it is encouraging to said teens that there is hope that they will find the perfect woman out there.