Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Radio gig for the MS Walk

Well, as per usual for my encouters in-studio, Radio Boy managed to put me so at ease that I was totally relaxed, in spite of the number of people who were probably listening. The fact that I suffer from some stage fright when I have an audience (other than Spouse and Rugrats) still surprises people who know me. I liken it to 4242, who is usually very quiet and reserved, unless he's (1) full of alcohol, and/or (2) in the Trooper mask. Under the right circumstances, I can be very chatty and sparkly, but in the wrong circumstances, I get very shy.

Shy, from a chickie whose assigned job in the Garrison is "Wear the leather".

It's all about the venue.

Anyway, Radio Boy did his thing and I felt totally at ease, and we got some very good promotion for the Garrison and the Walk.

I forgot to ask him if we could get a recording of the thing for the Garrison archives, which kind of sucks and I'm sure 2035 will be disappointed. Ah, well. I'm just way way lucky to have Radio Boy as a friend. He has this tendency to come through for me when I need him, and that's a vastly underrrated quality.

It's good that The Dark One didn't catch the show, because she would have been screaming at the radio in her car and might well have wrecked in the process. Bad news for the second day of work, for sure. In addition to being gorgeous and wonderfully well-educated, articulate, and persuasive, she is also a true to-the-bone liberal. She laughingly says that she's so liberal that most liberals don't even want to claim her as part of their party. Suffice it to say, then, that the discussion of the immigration issue would have worked her up--just a touch.

I'll retrieve the picture I took of Radio Boy in "ranting pose" inside the studio and post it next.

No comments: