Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Week from Hell

Sometimes, you get to the end of a week and realize that, but for the support of some of the people you're lucky enough to have around, you would have been hauled away to the looney bin. I have those weeks with some degree of frequency, but this past one took the cake. Sleepless nights, toy drives, early mornings, a holiday party committee, Brownies, a dear friend (my age) having cancer surgery, helping write and rewrite and rewrite a resolution that will help shape the future of the Town . . . email review . . . contract review . . . marital strife that went nuclear . . .

In any case, today I feel it necessary to express appreciation to those who help me keep it together.

My wife, The Dark One. Just look at her--who wouldn't want to marry this woman?

Frankentrooper's greeting as we waved him in off of 32nd Street for the toy drive. I *love* this guy.

My loyal hound, Hank. Sometimes he can just tell when I need to snuggle.

The wife and Hot Ben as Spidey. Solid new talent in the Garrison, I'm happy to report.

CIP Boy.

FYI, my standard greeting for you now (in perpetuity, as far as I can guess) is going to be, "What the hell do you want?"

And by the way, stay out of my office. :)

Parks Boy. You have no idea how much I needed the stress relief that dorking around with you the other night provided. Thanks.

"They're really, really nice ladies."

No comments: