Thursday, July 05, 2007

Contentment.

Hard to come by these days, even in the best of circumstances. Tonight, however, I took a moment to appreciate my particular situation right there, right then.

I slept in today, hung out with the family for a bit, then took the whole posse to see Transformers. Excellent flick, the kids and Spouse and I all loved it. Came home, rested for a bit and read part of a cheesy romance novel. Packed everyone back up and went down to "The Crick" to watch fireworks.

I saw my wonderful, incredibly beautiful children wrapping up a very sweet day, perfectly happy in just sitting in the middle of a field with Mommy and Daddy and watching some fireworks. For me, it was no fretting and no organizing anything and no having to command the 82nd Airborne. It was just time to enjoy my kids, before I turn around one day and realize that they've gone and grown up on me. Girl still needs her mom to be close by, and Boy needs to be in my lap as often as possible. Spouse is happy when we're happy.

I hope I can keep that snapshot of that feeling in my mind for other times when contentment seems so far away.

No comments: