Thursday, March 08, 2007

Been listening to a lot of Nickelback.

The vocal harmonies are very sing-along-able, but some of the stuff makes me want to beat the crap out of someone.

I wonder this week if you know you've hit an unsurmountable obstacle in a marriage when one partner achieves a goal or a new position or gets involved in something and the other partner is legitimately incapable of being happy for the one who has this thrilling new thing.

We are trying to plan a guinea pig set of photos for our official Garrison stuff this weekend. Too bad I feel like all I've done this week is eat and fret and be miserable, which will come together to make me look like a really tired, irritated water buffalo. Then again, if I want my Isard pics to be scary and make me look really mean, that shouldn't be too far a stretch.

I don't know anything. I don't do anything right. The harder I try at something, the more spectacular the crash and burn.

And I put on the "girl-sized" Mando helmet the other night for fit. Yeah, not a snowball's chance in Hell. It came about down to my cheekbones and didn't cover any part of my jaw--The Amazon Warrior Princess rides again.

It's pretty easy to fit me with stuff--just assume that I'm an average-sized man. Inquiry over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about doing things "right". People rarely get it right. All you can do is your best. Savor the struggle. It's the journey that's important and remember that you've got people pulling for you.

And as far as the Helmet goes, YOU get to tell our Jawa friend in Tucson that He will be wearing a girl-helmet. LOL! Nope, nuthin' manly about you, babe. I can think of two huge reasons right off the bat!

;)

Anonymous said...

Sweet, beautiful, Loyal MaraJen,

First off, I proved for around four years (Two years officially) that you can be a complete screw up who can't possess the ability to do a damned thing right no matter how hard you try, and yet... people will still follow you. Yeah, damned strange, huh?? Difference is, YOU are a very likable person, who has at least THREE troopers in your corner that will kill you you.

(Please ask us to kill for you.............)

Secondly, you hit the nail on the head. You are an Amazon Warrior Princess...No wait...Come to think of it You are dead wrong..

You are a screamin' hot -MANDOLORIAN Warrior GODDESS. And Goddesses, such as yourself do not wear the same gear as the "common" females. You wear Gear appropriate for a Goddess.

Simple as that. This Sergeant is ready and willing to worship and follow my Goddess into battle. Any day, any time.

Anonymous said...

and that should have read "kill FOR you"...

*sighs and goes back into the bunker*